November is Diabetes Awareness Month and November 14 is World Diabetes Day. The Canadian Diabetes Association is driving a campaign for diabetes awareness as the disease has reached epidemic proportions in Canada. With a staggering one in three Canadians already living with diabetes or prediabetes, including an estimated 1.5 million with undiagnosed diabetes, we must take action now to stop the growth and impact of this disease. Diabetes Awareness Month and World Diabetes Day are times to shine a spotlight on diabetes, educate Canadians about the disease, and help all of us find out our level of risk for type 2 diabetes so we can take action.
As part of this effort, the CDA’s current awareness campaign encourages everyone to visit DiabetesTest.ca to take the online CANRISK test and learn their risk level for developing type 2 diabetes. The awareness campaign looks at the misconceptions people often have about type 2 diabetes and is a reminder that you may be at risk even if you don’t fit the stereotypical model of someone with type 2 diabetes.
Two products from One Touch make sure your levels are within an acceptable range. The OneTouch Verio Flex Blood Glucose Monitoring System with easy-to-read numbers and a color indicator, it is quick and simple to use. This Verio Flex meter is also small and compact for convenient portabilityand can be connected to other devices using USB or Bluetooth.
OneTouch Verio Flex Blood Glucose Monitoring System:
- Takes the guesswork out of your numbers
- ColorSure technology instantly shows when your blood sugar numbers are in or out of range
- Syncs data seamlessly with the free OneTouch Reveal mobile app.
- Quick and easy to use
- Big, easy-to-read numbers
- Compact and slim design
- One-Touch Verio Flex glucometer features USB and Bluetooth connectivity
The updated version of the One Touch Reveal App features:
- New timeline highlights your latest patterns with relevant blood sugar and event data
- Improved look with additional day and week view that connect insulin, carbs, exercise and blood sugar
- Quick glance bar on the Home screen provides convenient access to important data with a single tap
- Improved pairing and syncing of a new meter with a step-by-step walkthrough